Monday, July 30, 2007

Day 37 (7/29): Springfield, KY --> Booneville, KY (132 miles)

Days mileage: 132 miles

(time short here in library so makin this one short and sweet...)

- terrain gettin tougher and tougher the more east I go...just like all those bikers headin west told me....who would have guessed?

- cloudy weather all morning which kept temps nice and cool...then sun came out which kept temps nice and hot

- found a neat shelter behind a Presbyterian church in Booneville that was made specifically for cyclists...it had a shower, shelter, sink, table for eating, and electricity...cool deal

- main part of day was tryin to iron out where I'm goign to end my trek. The more I think about it the more I realize I'd like to end the trek in my hometown in a place that has more meaning than being the "official" end of the trail...so I decided upon ending at the top of the dam at Sugar Hollow...I think this would be the perfect spot since it's one of my favorite places in the world...and I've spent so much time fly-fishing, hiking, running, biking, thinking, etc, etc out in those woods...furthermore, it has a great view of the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Moormans River flows through that neck of the woods. This will, obviously, let me finish a few days earlier and I won't have to deal wtih the beach traffic headaches that will increase the more beach-ward I go. I feel this is the right decision and am even more excited to finish up. If I stay on schedule I should be at Sugar Hollow dam by Thursday (Aug 2) evening...hopefully a good sunset too (?). Anyways, that's the jist of my thoguht process right now.

1 comment:

MC said...

Donna, hi to you and good travel ahead for Stephen! Mary (one of Michael's aunts)